[Phys-L] aerodynamics or style?

For the aerodynamicists among us:

I read the newest Priuses have a sl. lower drag coefficients than previous. The only obvious diff. from the previous is a sharp instead of curved edge on the rear quarter panels. Intuitively I thought not an improvement. Recently returning from America’s last hometown, I noticed a new Nissan Leaf (also hybrid) with similar quarter panels.

Well?

bc notes often ‘bile companies copy each others’ styles, similar to clothing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Grove,_California <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Grove,_California>