[Phys-L] Palliative Component

The 2014 book, “Being Mortal, ” by Atul Gawande, made me aware of the “Palliative Care” component of our health system. It is similar, but not identical, to the well-known “Hospice Component”. Below is the link to a brief description of these two components:

http://www.caregiverslibrary.org/caregivers-resources/grp-end-of-life-issues/hsgrp-hospice/hospice-vs-palliative-care-article.aspx

The Palliative Care Component seems to be highly desirable, in many situations. Do you agree?

Ludwik Kowalski, age 84,

Professor Emeritus, Ph.D. (see Wikipedia)