Re: [Phys-L] consistency: 1/r^2 electrostatics, 1/r radiation field

On 11/16/2015 10:53 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Go into an "oscillating frame" and look at the field of a charge
which is stationary in some inertial frame. For JD this should be a
simple transformation :>)))

That's an interesting suggestion.

Here's a modification that might be easier to visualize, and
easier to compute: Start with a dipole at rest in some frame,
and then switch to a /rotating/ frame. Techniques for dealing
with rotating frames are very well developed in the NMR business.