Re: [Phys-L] Overreacting to a safety concern - or not

The events in Paris are a shocking reminder of the carnage a few
zealots can do. My thoughts go to the survivors, families, and people
around the world who are saddened and want these atrocities to end.
The events are also a sad clear confirmation of what I posited below.

Focusing on the events at the concert, survivors noted that the gunman
reloaded their AK47's three or four times. It takes a person 3 - 10
seconds to reload. This is *A LONG TIME* and *IT IS HARD TO HIT A
MOVING TARGET.* Much harder for multiple targets moving away.

The survivors were the ones that escaped during reloading. The few
that survived in the theatre were luckily buried under other people,
dead people.

Hiding is not an option. Higher level thinking is gone. The only thing
people need to know how to do is *RUN*.

Again, you may forward this to anyone who may be interested.

Roy Jensen