[Phys-L] Decoherence and gravitational time dilation

Hi,

I just became aware of an interesting paper discussing how quantum decoherence could be due to gravitational time delay:
<http://arxiv.org/abs/1311.1095

The paper was published in Nature Physics so it should have some credibility. Interestingly, a student of mine asked last week why gravitational interaction does not cause decoherence of a quantum state. I could not provide a good answer but now I can encourage him to read the paper above.

I also found a critical evaluation of the paper which ended up with somewhat favorable conclusion:
<http://backreaction.blogspot.fi/2015/06/no-gravity-hasnt-killed-schrodingers-cat.html>. There is so much nonsense floating around Schrödinger's cat that it was refreshing to find a treatment which at least appears to be reasonable.

Regards,

Antti Savinainen, PhD
Kuopio Lyseo HS
Finland
Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostinsuodatus- ja virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.
Tarkastuksesta huolimatta noudata asianmukaista varovaisuutta liitetiedostoja avatessasi.