Re: [Phys-L] Quantum Biology

Really? I would think that classical mechanics had incorporated a billiard
ball model with a finite size. The fact that you have solids would be proof
of a billiard ball model rather than a zero size atom. Dalton had a
billiard ball model. Now many physics courses do suppose a point particle
model, but I don't think they say that the atom has to have zero size
classically. Isn't the size of an atom just a parameter in a given
classical model?

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

b) In 99% of the remaining cases, QM makes predictions that
are non-classical but obviously correct and non-weird. For
example, classical physics unequivocally predicts that atoms
have zero size, whereas QM predicts that they have a size on