Re: [Phys-L] foundations of physics: Galilean relativity

On 10/04/2015 02:11 PM, Jeffrey Schnick wrote:

I estimate that for a planet like Mercury, after 10 seconds, the
positronium would fall about about 185 meters below the drop point

So far so good....

whereas the center of mass of the two-photon system would fall about
.6 meters.

Huh? Whatever happened to the equivalence principle?

I don't know how to do the calculation using general relativity so I
used double a classical estimate.

The only calculations I know how to do, classical or otherwise,
uphold the principle of equivalence. The photons drop at the
same rate as everything else.

This has been checked experimentally to very high accuracy ...
parts in 10^12 the last time I checked, although there were
plans afoot to do even better.........