Re: [Phys-L] foundations of physics: Galilean relativity, including KE

On Friday, October 2, 2015 11:52 AM, Bob Sciamanda <treborsci@verizon.net> wrote:

Beware the sin of reifying the abstractions of our mathematical and
conceptual models.  :-)
Yes, just applying known physical formalism to a problem does not always bring the right solution without delving into real physics of the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@www.phys-l.org] On Behalf Of John Denker

On 10/01/2015 02:43 PM, Jeffrey Schnick wrote:
Are you saying that if I have one box B containing the two photons in
your example and I subdivide B into two parts which I call box G and H
such that one of the photons is in G and the other is in H, then, at
any one instant in time, there is no mass in box G and there
is no mass in box H but there is mass 2q in box B?      [1]

Yes.

Where within B is the mass?
A good question!

Moses Fayngold,NJIT