Re: [Phys-L] "Climate science is not settled"

What needs to be remembered that major networks also "play" by the
fabricating false news now since 1988

Partisan journalism has become much more prevalent since the deregulation of
public media. From the birth of the broadcasting industry, the airwaves were
regarded and regulated as a public trust. Broadcasters, as a condition of
their licenses, were required to operate in the "public interest" by
covering important policy issues and providing equal time to both sides of
contested issues. In 1988, however, the Federal Communications Commission
ruled that the proliferation of mass media gives the public adequate access
to diverse sources of information. Media outlets no longer are obliged to
provide fair and balanced coverage of issues. Presenting a single
perspective or even a deceptive version of events is no longer regarded as a
betrayal of public trust.

Environmental Case Study Don't Believe Everything You See or Hear on the
News Copyright C The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc

Part of an ancillary reading for the Environmental text I am using in a
college course.
Holly