Re: [Phys-L] Help w/ Euler Cromer algo.

BC:
I'm trying to reproduce your original problem and am finding that the residual
(thetamax*cos(wt)-theta_calculated(t)) depends on thetamax.   What was your
theta max to get such small residuals (~e-9)?  If I use a thetamax of 0.1
radians, I get a maximum residual of about 3.1*e-4 over 5 periods and it
doesn't grow quickly. That's with 1 ms time step.  When I cut the time to 0.1
ms, the residual drops to 3.1*e-5.  That's a first order effect which is what I
would expect.  My residual is not growing quickly. It grows from 3 to 3.7
(*e-4) over 50 periods. At 100 periods (100,000 time steps) it's barely over 4.

I'm using iPython notebook to compute this.  Looks pretty stable to me.