[Phys-L] new physics lab construction

We are in the process of “programming” for a new science building at our 2-yr
junior college.  I meet with the architects next week to discuss physics
department programming.  If anyone has recent experience building for physics
labs, please share your advice (this could be off-list to me directly at
larry.smith@snow.edu to keep list traffic down).

We are considering constructing spaces that could be used as lecture classrooms
some hours of the day and labs at other hours.  Does that work?

Are there web sites with suggestions about what to put in a new college
physical science building, both in terms of labs and in terms of displays and
study areas?  Duckduckgo.com didn’t turn up much.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry.Smith@snow.edu