Re: [Phys-L] towards an explanation of note-taking as a learning tool

John D. and all others who might be interested,

the article Paul referred to can be downloaded for free here:
<http://people.psych.cornell.edu/~jec7/pcd%202013-14%20pubs/mueller&oppen.pdf>

Interestingly, the paper was published in Psychological Science (PSS), which
states that : [it is] the highest ranked empirical journal in psychology, is a
peer-reviewed monthly journal with cutting-edge research articles,...".

I have read a vehement rebuttal (in Finnish) of the methods applied in the
paper: the main criticism was that the outcome of the three substudies was not
so clear as the authors write. Essentially, according to the criticism, the
data did not support the conclusion. I would not go that far but read the paper
and judge yourself.

Regards,

Antti
Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostinsuodatus- ja virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.