Re: [Phys-L] presentation tools (NOT powerpoint)

On 2014, Sep 02, , at 11:22, Dan L. MacIsaac <danmacisaac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tufte is a fun read; try googling
> “powerpoint crashed shuttle”
>
> Dan M

Yup, it’s in one of his books.(or is it in one of his short pamphlets?)

(A colleague gave me Keynote as a better substitute (’09?) now bundled and
still use it.  Of course powerpoint, I presume, is now much improved.)

bc has three of them and prefers (is a funner read) Graphic Discovery (A Trout
in the Milk and Other Visual Adventures)  Howard Wainer

p.s. H.W. refers to J. Priestly for his pre-Playfair line chart, woulda added
interest by adding that Priestley, driven outa Eng. by a mob, because he was a
Unitarian minister, was  a chemist of the stature (nearly) of Lavoisier.
[bad: phlogiston hold out]