Re: [Phys-L] Power Point's Huge Waste of Paper

We use texts that come with power point slides.  When those few unreflective
students I have (from the many more self-directed students) complain they
want lectures I direct them to the .PPT slides online, and suggest they go
home, download the slides and read them aloud in a darkened room.  This
is comforting, I think for students who miss a class.

We then use that valuable class time for other things like discourse and group
problem solving.

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
462SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu>  <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & NSF Investigator for ISEP (MSP) and Noyce