Re: [Phys-L] apologies re: check your work

I was worried, because JD is so often correct, and he’s corrected me (justifiably) in the past.

bc

p.s. Note: phys-l’s app. converts all type to the same colour, face, and size, so

"Unkown if this is true but it has a familiar 'ring' to it…” was not obviously inserted by the poster. It was originally blue and smaller size.

And: taking JD’s hint I found:

"For the record, we also asked Cole whether those words were even used by the "several congressmen" he refers to (but does not name), but as yet we haven’t received a response on that point. We often hear it argued that some lawmakers wish to require things by regulation that can’t practically be accomplished. We don’t dispute that argument, or endorse it. But we’ve never heard any politician say the "laws of physics" can be repealed by an act of Congress.
-Brooks Jackson"

in: Obama’s auto team & “the laws of physics”

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/obamas-auto-team-the-laws-of-physics/

I suspect we’ll never know if these congresspersons were Republican and/or Democrats.