[Phys-L] 14 Modeling Workshops in July and August have openings

Dear science educators,

The first Modeling Instruction workshops are well on their way right now. But more Modeling Instruction workshops are scheduled to start later this summer: in mechanics, chemistry, light, and E&M.

So if you are still looking for professional development or how models and modeling connect with NGSS, check this list:

- Mobile, AL, July 7-18, mechanics and chemistry workshops; contact Tim
Burgess: timcburgess@gmail.com
(pcb sequence is featured, but applicable to bcp sequence, too)
"Yes...we need more if at all possible!"

- Atlanta GA, July 7-25, chemistry; contact Tina Davis:
tina.davis@lovett.org
"I have 3 spots left", as of June 24.

- Wheaton, IL, August 5-15, chemistry; contact Phil Culcasi:
Philip.Culcasi@cusd200.org
"Yes - we still have August openings."

- Bowling Green, KY, July 7-25, mechanics; contact Richard
Gelderman: richard.gelderman@wku.edu
"We would welcome additional participants."

- New Orleans, LA, July 7-25, mechanics and chemistry; contact
Andrea Walker: andrea.walker@gnostem.org

- Kennebunk, ME, July 28-August 8, mechanics and chemistry; contact
Dean Meggison: dmeggison@une.edu
"YES we still have openings in both chemistry and physics...chemistry is particularly low this year; we have limited free housing still available also."

- Buffalo, NY, July 21-August 8, mechanics and electricity & magnetism;
contact Dan MacIsaac: macisadl@buffalostate.edu

- New York, NY, July 21-August 8, mechanics, models of light, and
chemistry (3 $400 scholarships available ); contact Fernand Brunschwig:
Fbrunsch@gmail.com

Website: http://modelinginstruction.org/teachers/workshops

Workshop descriptions: http://www.phystec.org/pd/?set=Modeling
Information on travel and housing is at this website.

--
cheers,
Jane