[Phys-L] probability Was: Re: Faraday paradox +- pedagogy +- critical thinking

On 2014, Jun 01, , at 15:45, Philip Keller <PKeller@holmdelschools.org> wrote:

Not really related, but this one always reminds me of the birthday paradox,
that it takes only 23 people randomly selected to have greater than 50%
chance that two or more will share a common birthday.

You certain? I think related as both probabilities.

It is possible (not certain) that I associate those two questions from
having first seen them in the Scientific American book of mathematical
puzzles and diversions.

I’ve heard and read these from several sources.