From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of John Denker
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:34 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] light, doppler effect, particles

It's fairly easy to visualize what's going on, by looking at the spacetime
diagrams. This is discussed, with diagrams,
here:

http://www.av8n.com/physics/spacetime-welcome.htm#sec-doppler-1sd

That is a newly-added section. Let me know if you have questions,
comments, or suggestions.

Note: For problems like this, I draw the red-frame diagram freehand, and
then /compute/ the blue-frame diagram. That way I know all the
relationships are correct. I've done this so many times I can do it in my sleep
now.