Re: [Phys-L] Acoustics: Does a speaker create a displacement antinode? (amplifier power)

A power doubling is represented by an increase of 3 dB, an increase of X10 by 10 dB.
It follows that the power multiplier to arrive at 110 dB from 100 dB would be ten times the output power required for 100dB at constant efficiency and one hundred times the power is needed to increase 100 to 120 dB.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK