Re: [Phys-L] maglev

-In the old demo one swings a disc of aluminum thru a U magnet and sees
considerable damping because of the eddy currents.
-But there would have been no damping with a superconducting disc, right?
-So, if the resistivity of the iron were less than that of the aluminum,
would this lead to less damping if an iron disc were used? There would
still be eddy currents in the iron, right?