Re: [Phys-L] Will APS be the first major scientific institution to reject the global warming 'consensus'?

On 3/21/2014 3:53 PM, John Clement wrote:
"Jingoistic" is loaded pejorative term that should
not be used. I just shuts off debate, and diminishes the credibility of the
user.
Precisely.

So why exactly did *you* write that "first reference is from a blog that is obviously written by a denier" rather than "by a skeptic"? Not because it is a loaded pejorative? Not because you wanted to diminish the blogger's (and anyone quoting him) credibility? Not because you wanted to "shut off debate"?

The most funny thing is that you, in all your earnestness, seem not even to perceive the symmetry of what you yourself were doing. I, in contrast, quite consciously used the pejorative term "jingoistic warmers" (should have been "warmists," I guess) to egg you on.

Incidentally, I used the term "propaganda" because is accurately describes what you engaged in, not for any other reason.

Ze'ev