Re: [Phys-L] From a Math Prof (physics BS major) at my institution ( math challenge)

On 2014, Feb 22, , at 15:13, Chuck Britton <cvbritton@mac.com> wrote:

Radioactive decays and Thermal Fluctuations are sometimes used.

It’s the detector that creates biases.

For example: dead time in the G-M counter. An early anti-radar device used a(n) MPT tube (1P21, etc.) excited by a mini-incandescent. The electronics following biases it for RNG purpose. I presume it worked fine to disable enemy radar.

bc thinks no perfect RNG possible.