[Phys-L] sharing physics website.

I changed the subject heading to match the content.

A group of h.s. a.p. physics teachers started prettygoodphysics.wikispaces.com a few years ago. It is a place for folks to share notes, labs and other items. There isn't currently a feedback mechanism. I leave my name and email address with activities I've share. I find that some people do take the time to email a comment or two when they use something I've shared. They aren't extensive, but some are helpful.
Maybe we could / should add that feedback mechanism to the site. I will look into it.
Currently, anyone anywhere can access and download files. Members (free) can upload files.
Separately, there is a site with ap test questions that has access restricted to folks that can reasonably prove they are physics teachers (provide a work email address and website).

Have a good one.
Paul.

Also, on the topic of sharing...

We have been talking about the quality of lectures, texts and such.

Is there (or could there be) a website where teachers can post lecture notes, powerpoints, lab experiments, problems sets, simulations, activities -- all the kinds of things we use in our teaching, organized by subject with room for reviews, comments, suggestions for improvement, maybe even a "like" button. A teacher posts something, people give it bad reviews, lots of criticism, I either fix it or take it down. Or people give it great reviews, lots of "likes" and the next time someone is looking for a good powerpoint about, say, Carnot efficiency, they can search the site, find the activity they were interested in, see what others had to say, maybe try it themselves rather than re-invent the wheel.

Also, some teachers would become well known for creating good material, just like there are some who have created great applets.

Also, if it were up to me, I might say that you had to be a teacher to participate (current or former) and not a textbook publisher. Not sure why I think that.

Students would definitely be allowed in.