Re: [Phys-L] NYT on GMOs

I found it interesting that well into the 20th Century, the political party that tended to base policy on scientific findings was the Republican Party - but in the last 30+ years, the better-educated and well-heeled folks of the Republican Party have often set scientific conclusions aside - not because of ignorance, but possibly because they conflict with an enlightened self-interest in that quarter.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK