Re: [Phys-L] Math phobia (Was: Legitimate Phys-L topics.)

In the long-ago, I attended a top-rated selective high school, where besides French, one had the choice of Latin or German (a prerequisite then for Law and Medicine on the one hand, or Chemistry? on the other).
The Science element was called "General Science" and was conducted by a German emigre, Doctor Kober. I can note with gratitude that Woodwork and Art were also were required topics. It was a sadness that History periods dealt in depth with the French Revolution, while the elements of British history were largely absent.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK