Re: [Phys-L] Legitimate Phys-L topics.

Here is an example of what can happen in elementary math. There is a very good math curriculum that has a didactic part and an engagement part, the latter being math games that help students better understand and experience the math they are learning. To often teachers see the latter as fluff and only do the former, and the students don't learn.

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of Physics
Co-Director, Northern Indiana Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Collaborative
574-276-8294
inquirybellina@comcast.net