Re: [Phys-L] just for fun?

On 1/4/2014 8:35 AM, John Denker wrote:
/snip/
Some people who think it was OK to go to war based on
/highly/ imperfect information turn around and say we
must not take action on climate change because the data
is not 100% exactly perfect in every detail. Sheesh.

/snip/

I expected to sit back and enjoy - and Lo! I am not disappointed!

Thank you.

Brian Whatcott
p.s. Seem to recall that the improvement in domestic water supply in Britain
following a particularly well defined cholera outbreak due to the Broad Street
water pump in Soho led to epidemiological analyses which provided paradoxical
evidence that reduction in infectious disease there preceded water supply and
sewer improvements. Perhaps fecal contamination is not causal? Spacemen
drink reprocessed fluids, after all!