Re: [Phys-L] just for fun?

The research is a very recent analysis of ice cores, possibly within the
last year. I don't recall where I saw it, but I know that it is out there.
Perhaps someone else can come up with a reference.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Exactly what research is this? The plots that have been
shown consistently over the past dozen years from the
ice-core data show a several hundred year lag! To be sure,
this may be due to the fact that the temperature changes in
this data have been mostly due to glaciation and
de-glaciation with CO2 effects that are relatively
complicated as detailed in the reference given earlier.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2012/04/unlockin
g-the-secrets-to-ending-an-ice-age/

My complaint lies with the likes of Al Gore who centrally
used this data to PROVE that CO2 was causing the current
warming and telling everyone they were complete idiots if
they couldn't see this from his huge plot.
Of course the scale--despite the size--was compressed enough
that the lag was not clearly visible. I'm comfortable with
the models that show the current CO2 is forcing most of the
warming (still waiting for more on the CFC link reported by
the Japanese), but am every bit as fed up with the name
calling and the exaggerations and downright lies that are
used to try and get across the reality of AGW as with the
those trying to pretend the situation doesn't exist.

[Read the responses at the web site above for some of the
nastiness even amongst the scientists. :-( ]

rwt