Re: [Phys-L] light bulb efficiency standards

For those wanting to buy incandescents, there is a company that is
manufacturing them in the US under a little known loop-hole in the law...

http://www.newcandescent.com/store/customer/

The 60 W bulbs will indeed become more scarce as the year progresses.
They will however still produce 60 W HALOGEN bulbs that might still serve your
needs.

The smaller bulbs you mention will not be affected.

I used to buy up really cheap strings of tiny incandescent ‘Holiday’ bulbs for
workshops.

Very easy to see the filament etc.

CFL’s & LED’s are a whole ‘nother ball of wax with their Electronic Modules
that let them run nicely on 120VAC.

LED’s are low voltage DC devices and CFL’s need to be ‘Current Limited’ to
keep them from exploding.