Re: [Phys-L] just for fun

On 1/2/2014 12:48 PM, Forinash III, Kyle wrote /in small part/:
/snip/ I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me until I had that empirical data at hand. You cannot falsify a scientific claim by citing political bias, financial gain or past errors that other scientists or governments have made. The consensus on fat in the diet was overturned (well, actually just modified/refined) by better data, not political wrangling (and not until 2001, a decade after the recommendations of 1988).
When a person working at the intersection of politics, government dietary advice, and education proposes
that the newly revised health view on saturated fats and other such dietary advice supports his contention that the scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change is probably mistaken - I am comfortable to sit back and simply enjoy the ensuing debate, noting quietly that
US politics is a strange animal
The US Jewish lobby is too important for politicians not to foster
The membership of the Republican Party having a larger proportion of university educated people were formerly more inclined to rest their judgment on a science-based plank than members of the Democratic party, but increasingly in the last twenty years, the reverse is being evidenced.

Happy New Year! :-)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK