[Phys-L] AGCC Was: Re: just for fun

On 2014, Jan 02, , at 12:02, Richard Tarara <rtarara@saintmarys.edu> wrote:

One of the confusing issues here that really gets us chasing our tails is 'just what is the consensus view?' Certainly it is that the earth has warmed over the last century, certainly that the CO-2 levels have risen dramatically especially over the past 50 years, AND that there is a connection between these. Where the consensus is weaker involves the extent that the warming is due to the CO-2 which models certainly support but long-term historical records are more confusing since those tend to show CO-2 changes lagging temperature changes.

Has anyone suggested another model that is as rapid as the hockey stick? I don’t know of any cause that is as rapid as the current event. Excepting cooling (volcano and meteorite).

bc notes a respected skeptic has now fully embraced AGCC.

For example:

http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2010/12/20/instant-physicist/

And:

previously posted: