[Phys-L] light bulb efficiency standards

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-17889_7-57616368/bulbageddon-is-upon-us

Will I still be able to buy incandescent bulbs for batteries 'n bulbs labs and DC circuit labs? For Pasco's CASTLE kits
http://www.pasco.com/prodCatalog/EM/EM-8624_castle-kit/index.cfm#featuresTab
students are supposed to dissect a bulb and see the continuous conductive path through it. We use little #14 and #48 bulbs as current detectors, but they are also supposed to play with a large 60 W bulb as well. Will I still be able to get them for specialized purposes like physics labs, or will they really not be sold anymore at all? Should I go buy a career's worth of bulbs and hoard them through until retirement?

Should I care? Can students learn the same things from CFLs or LED bulbs?

Thanks,
Larry