Re: [Phys-L] just for fun

Yes, very uncalled for. Comments like this happen often on this list,
yet nobody seems to do anything about it. Who's in charge?

As I posted a few weeks ago:

From the Phys-L web site:

Phys-L is a mailing list dedicated to physics and the teaching of physics
with about 700 members from over 35 countries, the majority of whom
are physics educators. Noninflammatory, professional, and courteous
postings intended to inform members on how to better understand,
teach, and learn physics are always welcome.

We're all here to learn from each other...

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:
I actually agree with Brian -- I over-reacted to what I considered the
patronizing tone of John Clement's email. The "Know-It-All" was uncalled
for. Even "the-pony-rider" was a bit over the top. My apology.

But the rest of my message stands. Here are a few basic links in
response to John Mallinckrodt's request for more information about cases
of recent failed scientific consensus. Primary sources can be followed
from there as needed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/science/09tier.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/science_and_pseudoscience_in_adult_nutrition_research_and_practice/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/16/magazine/16epidemiology-t.html?_r=2&sq=Taubes%20health%20September%2016&st=cse&scp=1&pagewanted=print