Re: [Phys-L] Bernoulli's equation

On 2014, Dec 21, , at 00:33, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

On 12/15/2014 06:23 PM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:
I was trying to find some practical/relevant problems involving Bern eqn,
rather than the typical "plug and chug" problems

Here's something that is probably not directly responsive to
the question, especially in the high-school context, but may
be of some use:

Bernoulli levitation of a disk:
http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0206025.pdf

Is the demo. using a card, pin and a thread spool so common, no-one mentioned it?

The kindergarten version of the arxiv above.

bc read the blown foolscap demo. is not an example of Bernoulli. And doesn’t know why.

p.s. I’m attempting the find the intro. lab. xpmts using B. at UCSC that I remember, vaguely.