Re: [Phys-L] 9th grade energy resource projects

On 2014, Dec 09, , at 09:48, Bill Nettles <bnettles@uu.edu> wrote:

The corollary to this would be that the more lights you connect in parallel, the harder you have to pedal to keep them bright. I don't know if there are any simple torque sensors available so making measurements of this effect would be a good challenge.

More: Hej! A method of finding ones efficiency. Measure the resting while sitting on the seat the base metabolism (I think Vernier has a CO2 monitor). Then pedal measuring the CO2. Another efficiency measure is use a Wh meter for the consumption of the lamps. Again use Vernier’s Volt - amp sensors (it’s DC - remember) and the E applied to the pedals. Will measure the friction loss and the generator’s.

bc remembers Vernier has force sensors including a force plate with the appropriate range.