Re: [Phys-L] problems with the teaching of algebra

On 2014, Oct 15, , at 12:01, Folkerts, Timothy J <FolkertsT@bartonccc.edu> wrote:

As another wrinkle, we often teach students that it is "best" to always use "standard" units. Eg if you measure in m, kg, and s, your answers will come out in N, J, & W. So if you want your later calculations to come out in "appropriate" units, measuring in meters is most "appropriate"!

I thought appropriate (in science) meant SI, therefore all OK except miles.

Not SI is Da (dalton), but std. in bio.

bc