Re: [Phys-L] "Climate science is not settled"

Imagine I would argue that the approach of people who think AGW occurs can be encapsulated by:

"Carbon dioxide growth in the atmosphere is undisputed,
and therefore it is indisputable that temperatures will keep rising and all further analysis must cease,
and therefore we must take an immediate action no matter what is the cost."

I think that would be much closer to the actual approach of believers in AGW than the ridiculous caricature below that Denker just pulled out of his feverish mind.

Typical AGW skeptic argues that because climate science is not settled, we should (a) invest more in R&D to lower the uncertainties associated with climate predictions, and (b) we should take direct action only when our certainty in the projected costs clearly exceeds the costs of inaction.

Both (a) and (b) are -- properly -- political decisions, and Denker's caricature just demonstrates why they are -- and should remain -- such.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2556

Ze'ev