Re: [Phys-L] closed vectors

Paul: I think closed vectors refer to vectors that inside a closed surface.Frank Cange

From: plulai@stanthony.k12.mn.us
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 18:32:34 +0000
Subject: [Phys-L] closed vectors

Hello.
I am working through some problems and came upon a question I need some help with.
I have some basic unit vectors and I am asked if the set of unit vectors are closed when crossed.
It's been a while.
From what I recall, closed simply means the vectors would create an enclosed shape.
- is this a correct interpretation?
- if not, could you clarify?

I have no recollection of why this knowledge would be helpful for dot or cross products. Since it was asked, I imagine I am missing something.
- what am I missing (I assume quite a bit here)?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Have a good one.
Paul.