Re: [Phys-L] leaking Cs-Ba generator

One may make their own using exempt uranyl nitrate as the mother of daughter Pa with a lab. half life. Directions are in my site. The U Wa instruction (U=>Pa) is sl. incorrect. See the UW automation PDF.

As stated, all in one bottle, no elution, etc.

To save your "cow" I suggest rinsing well the joint, dry and seal by fusion, i.e. a soldering gun or iron.

And yes, improper eluting will remove all the Cs in one go, as did the LD mgr. and later "let go" at an unnamed institution.

bc demo'ed his Pa source at UCB in Fall '03 NCN-AAPT mtng.

http://www.cleyet.org/Misc._Physics/radio-sources&info./U=%3ePa%20(half%20life)/