Re: [Phys-L] motion lab

I don't do constant velocity for physics but we do for physical (9th grade) science. The students measure the time at multiple distances (at least 5) for at least two different velocities and plot them both on a graph. It is "open ended" in that the students must figure out how to record the data in an organized table (not fill in the blank), they need to figure out how to do the graph (their distances are not pre determined by the instructions) and they need to be able to estimate a best fit line and then calculate slope.