Re: [Phys-L] Mesmerizing

I actually don't think that mass hysteria or similar lack evidence in many cases. It's that their explanation lies in what's considered a non-physical domain.

I also think Brian's attempts to somehow show something about me (what, precisely?) belong to the same domain.

Ze'ev

On 9/16/2013 9:59 AM, curtis osterhoudt wrote:
I thought that Ze'ev did make a good point with the menstrual synchrony example: It apparently doesn't happen in humans, or at least the evidence for it is highly in doubt.

________________________________
From: brian whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net>
To: phys-l@phys-l.org
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] Mesmerizing

If this is too far from Ze'ev's comfort zone, there is an everyday
example of coupling
resonant circuits by way of very small energy increments, applied
cyclically. It's called radio for short, these days.
Or if he insists on narrowing the discussion to mechanical coupling,
there is the ever-popular instance of
foot-soldiers marching in-step across a bridge (though here, the bridge
resonances would be expected to
occupy lower frequencies.)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK