[Phys-L] AGCC humor

To BC from WC:
I like the idea of naming hurricanes after politicians (http://www.climatenamechange.org/). They are often blowhards. Here are some names I would like to see used, perhaps in odd years: Obama, Gore, Pelosi, Reid, Clinton (both), Carter.
To everyone on list:
If you would like some actual physics to think about consider this from "The Universe in the Rearview Mirror":
Consider one of Einstein's free falling frames of reference. Supposedly the physics inside would produce the same results as an SR inertial frame (constant speed). What happens if the reference frame is a space station in orbit and you turn on a Van de Graaff? From the point of view of an outside observer the space station and the charges on the globe of the VDG are accelerated and should radiate. From the point of view of an astronaut the charges are at rest and should not radiate. What happens?

End Message