[Phys-L] particle physics intro sheet

Hello.

I made a worksheet to prepare students for some aspects of a conference ( <https://gustavus.edu/events/nobelconference/2013/> ). It is for the early part of the year, prior to students having any real experience with much in physics aside from kinematics. I imagine some teachers will have students do certain sections of the worksheet and skip others.

It is certainly possible to make a sheet with more depth in a variety of areas. I am hoping this removes some of the mystery of aspects of the field in a non-intimidating introduction. It would be used by students anywhere from grades 6-12. I put some numbers in as possible data points at the end in case teachers go back to the sheet later in the year.

I would appreciate any constructive feed-back you might have. The sheet is going to be posted on the Gustavus site under teacher materials rather soon. I /might/ have time to make some quick edits. I've asked some colleagues to review the sheet also. They have given me compliments, but no one has provided any constructive criticism. I know that won't be a problem here ;) .

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3z0YyI6zKOjRGxEcnV0cU82Q3M/edit