Re: [Phys-L] CU-Boulder Plots To Extend Life of Al Bartlett's Famous Lecture on Arithmetic, Population, and Energy

On 2013, Aug 14, , at 09:24, Bruce Sherwood <Bruce_Sherwood@ncsu.edu> wrote:

The good news is that of the 224 countries listed, in half of them the rate
is less than 2.1, the approximate "replacement" number. The bad news is of
course the other half, many but not all in Africa. The good news is that in
the low-fertility half there are lots of surprising names -- take a look.

Bruce
____
Another good news, I pray, is many of the very high rate countries are ones whose health care has recently improved, yet, because recent, not begun the demographic transition. I expect them to, in a generation, begin a sharp downward trend. Unfortunately, OTOH, some of the low ones will increase, because the low value now is do to war, i.e. the Balkans. The list is old, i.e. no Kosovo and Syria is now, I'm rather certain much lower.

Palestine and Gaza are missing. West Bank instead; Is that some sort of political statement?

bc