From: Patrick Whippey <pwhippey@uwo.ca<mailto:pwhippey@uwo.ca>>
Subject: Patterson Hume
Date: August 1, 2013 9:39:07 AM EDT
To: "p-a.outreach.pww@uwo.ca<mailto:p-a.outreach.pww@uwo.ca>" <p-a.outreach.pww@uwo.ca<mailto:p-a.outreach.pww@uwo.ca>>

Hello,

Here is a note from Ernie McFarland on the passing of Patterson Hume.

You can view Frames of Reference here:

http://archive.org/details/frames_of_reference

I see in today's Globe and Mail that Pat Hume has passed away. He and
Don Ivey were the first hosts of "The Nature of Things" on CBC in the
1960s and produced a number of physics education films. Their best
one (and in my opinion the best physics education film of all time)
was "Frames of Reference," which I always used in any course in which
relativity was discussed. It was created in 1962.

You can read the obituary at:
http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20130731.OBPATHUME0730ATL/BDAStory/BDA/deaths

Ernie

--