Re: [Phys-L] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: The Make-Believe World of Real World Physics

I have plenty of incandescents for the rest of my teaching career. Very
useful tools. I also break a large one open and put in series with a small
one. Blow of the filament of the larger one to see what happens to the
brightness of the smaller one. Great activity ("Sensitive Filament") from
Square Wheels (Exploratorium Science Snackbook).

I have a Kia Soul, which also displays mpg. Very cool! Here's another nice
problem, which can be adapted to any highway:

While entering the Garden State Parkway, you take a ticket at one toll
plaza and exit at the next one a known distance away. The ticket is
stamped by a time clock as you take it at the entrance point. At the exit
point can the toll collector determine if you ever exceeded the speed
limit for the Parkway? Explain.

I get interesting answers on this one. It also leads to good discussions
about, you guessed it, average speed!

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:

On 2013, Jul 30, , at 13:03, Paul Lulai <plulai@stanthony.k12.mn.us>