Re: [Phys-L] The Make-Believe World of Real World Physics

Right. And a student in a physics class should answer it differently
(correctly). Acceleration = rate of change of velocity = gravity =
constant (in free fall).

Unless, of course, I am missing something or in a different universe.

Phys-L@Phys-L.org writes:
Folks on the street indeed are likely to think of acceleration = speeding
up and deceleration = slowing down. therefore acc at top = zero.

Every beginning physics student should be able to think of the velocity
graph with it's slope and areas included.