Re: [Phys-L] The Make-Believe World of Real-World Physics

John-

On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:02 PM, John Denker wrote:
On 07/09/2013 12:07 PM, you wrote:
A recent post highlighted this blog entry on a presentation by Mazur:

<http://sciencegeekgirl.wordpress.com/2008/07/26/the-make-believe-world-of-real-world-physics-eric-mazur/>

I invite you all to consider the example from the presentation the
blog highlights under the heading "Physics is Different". I have
some fairly strong opinions concerning the supposed "lessons" of this
example and ones like it, but before I inject my views, I'd be
interested in some discussion by the list.

Suggestion: You may get more and better responses if you more
clearly specify which slide(s) you are talking about. Explicit
page numbers might help.

Search the blog post, not the presentation.

While you're at it, you might mention that if one strips away several
layers of indirection and obfuscation, the 155-page PDF document can
be found at
http://mazur.harvard.edu/sentFiles/MazurTalk_1396.pdf

Thanks,
David Craig