Re: [Phys-L] 3rd law

Agreed. There is however one detail about which I'm hazy. I've sometimes
heard it claimed that the first law is to be taken as "there exist
reference frames in which the first law holds" or some such. Similarly,
I've heard claims that the content of the first law of thermodynamics is
different from the energy principle in mechanics, in that the FLT is to be
taken as "there exists a function U such that....". John, can you comment
on this?

Bruce