Re: [Phys-L] Indicators of quality teaching (Was:MOOC:EdxOffers Mechanics course by Prof.Walter Lewin)

Here is the huge misconception. It is assumed without any proof that deep
principles are easy to learn. But the experience from interviews is that
this is not true. Can anyone show that deep is easy to learn??? Show some
data!

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

I reckon that's important. I agree with it about 98 percent.
I would however like to make the point that "deep" is not
the same as arcane. Deep principles are sometimes relatively
easy to learn, even in the introductory course ... deep
principles such as conservation of momentum. Arcane would be
bad, but deep is not necessarily bad or difficult.